We welcome the Guidelines for Disclosure and Transparency in Private Equity issued by the Walker Working Group (the Walker Guidelines). The Guidelines make recommendations in three areas:
- disclosures by portfolio companies above certain size thresholds;
- disclosures by the private equity firms which manage the investments in such companies; and
- recommendations for the BVCA, including greater collection and dissemination of industry-wide data.
Graphite Capital does not manage any investments in portfolio companies to which the first part of the Guidelines apply. As a result the disclosure requirements on us as a firm in the second part also do not apply. However, we have voluntarily sought to comply with the Walker Guidelines wherever possible. In particular this website includes:
- a description of Graphite Capital Management LLP, its history, investment approach and investment holding periods, illustrated with case studies;
- the names and brief CVs of all the partners of Graphite Capital;
- a description of our significant portfolio companies; and
- a description of our funds and our investors.
Additionally we confirm that:
- appropriate arrangements are in place to deal with conflicts of interest. Graphite Capital is a fund manager only and has no corporate advisory capability;
- reporting to limited partners is of the utmost importance to us and we have regard to the Invest Europe reporting guidelines;
- valuations are prepared having regard to the IPEV valuation guidelines; and
- we are complying fully with the BVCA’s enhanced data collection programme.